Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a wide range here but I'm just curious about what I'm feeling at such an early date. I'm only 10 wks and I know the baby is less than 2 inches long so it seems implausible that I'd be feeling anything yet.
It seems it was after 12 weeks with my other kids but it's hard to recall.
But last night I felt a little kick (kick might be a strong word-maybe more like a tap) in the same spot 3x over about a 10 min period. I pushed on the area and immediately got a little "kick" back! Gas bubbles don't kick back right?

So what do you think? Am I nuts or could it be? This is number 4 for me-do you feel the baby earlier with subsequent pregnancies?

· Registered
5,260 Posts
I didn't feel them until around 17-18 weeks, but I'm sure if I felt something before that I just didn't know what they were. I've heard that people feel flutters earlier with subsequent pregnancies because they already know what it feels like.

· Registered
14,304 Posts
10 weeks with dd and 12 with ds. It was light fluttering like butterfly wings. No real kicks until later on.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
I felt flutters at 10 weeks with this one. The kid's seemed to move lower down my pelvis these days (verified by doppler) but comes up periodically to poke me again.

· Premium Member
5,231 Posts
The very earliest that I was positive it was the baby was with baby #4 at 12 weeks, 6 days exactly.

· Registered
418 Posts
My understanding is that it is possible to feel as soon as the uterus lifts up above the pubic bone. This usually happens around 12 weeks with a first pregnancy and as early as 10 weeks with subsequent pregnancies.

I felt my first at 13 weeks... still waiting on this one!

· Registered
91 Posts
You're not nuts. I felt my ds #1 kick at 11 weeks. It was that definite fluttering feeling. I felt my ds #2 do that same fluttering around 9 weeks. I think as time goes on and your uterus knows the drill, you get bigger faster, you feel kicks sooner, etc. etc. The doctor always disagreed with me, but hell, it's my uterus, not his and I KNOW what I felt.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
I felt dd1 at 13.5 weeks and dd2 at 11.5 weeks. I am only 8 weeks along and I am so looking forward to the early small movements.

· Registered
3,619 Posts
I think it depends on how fast your babies develop. I remember at an u/s last pg at 9 weeks and the baby only had stubbly little arms and legs so I know there is no way I was feeling anything kick or punch. Earliest I felt a baby was at 15 weeks and it was a def kick (you could feel it from the outside). But since babies can mature at different rates if yours already has longer limbs its totally possible. I could tell with #5 that he had really long arms and Legs cause his movements were incredible and sure enough he was really long.

· Registered
645 Posts
Okay, I thought I was TOTALLY losing my mind! I could have sworn that I felt a few flutters these past 2 days, but chalked it up to gas...but that mommy intuition was kicking in big time and I couldn't help thinking "This is your baby!" (I'm 11wk5d, pregnant with #3).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.