Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having my first postpartum period at 18 months postpartum. I had it at 17 months postpartum with DD1, and while I remember it being heavy (very heavy) I don't remember being in so much pain. I sit down and gasp. It feels like my insides are shifting when I sit, and it's quite uncomfortable. Walking up and down the stairs is painful; if feels like things are shifting and about to fall out. Cramps are better now that I'm on day 3, but the feeling that's left is very odd. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Hmm...that's how my periods felt before I got pregnant. Honestly, I thought I would just die each month (fun, huh?) Mine have gotten better (lighter, less painful) but I've known a couple of women that have had them get worse...<br><br>
Are you bleeding really heavily too? What's your diet like? Are you taking anything for the pain?

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
I can't remember if it was DD2 or DD1 but with one of them, I had a very heavy first AF that sounds similar to your's. I never had it again after that, thank goodness.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a nasty headache yesterday and was talking Motrin for that, but once the headache went away I didn't take anything else, and that's when the pain got a lot worse. I'm not bleeding really heavily. Like a normal period before I got pregnant, not like the first postpartum after DD1 - it was super, super heavy.<br><br>
Honestly my diet's not been that great lately. Too many sweets and not enough vegetables.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Mine was at about 12 months PP-it was very intense, heavy and painful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts