Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious as to what average is. I know that my sister is practically a cow; she used to pump 15-20 oz at a time. And I'm not at all worried about my own supply; I don't pump often (maybe twice a week) but I get a lot. So what's your average, and what's the most?

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
with ds, one morning i got 23 oz out!!! (i had slept thru my other pumping time)

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
and on the other end of the spectrum I NEVER pumped more than 2 ounces. Typical was one oz. from each breat. And I rented the most expensive Madela pump, as well as having a hand pump.

But I sucessfully breastfed 2 kids--one for 2 years, the second for almost 3. If you are not the type to be able to pump much like I was, don't despair!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
3.5 oz total both sides.

I had a sucky pump that didnt work, and was only able to hand express. I didnt pump bc i had to, so i wasnt very motivated to try to pump more. I only expressed bc i wanted a bit of a stash in the freezer just in case.

gurumama~ this must be what it feels like lol

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
The most I have gotten pumping one side was 6 oz. and the most when double pumping was I think 8 or 9 oz. in one session. But that was back when I was working part time and nursing full time on the days I wasn't working. I would get 16 oz. a day in only two pumping sessions, and my baby was small enough then that it was more than enough.

Now I'm working full time and taking herbs to get my yields back up and pumping three times a day. Sucks. (hah.)

Some people just can't let down for the pump no matter what they do. I find that if I eat a lot of real food, including fat, and get a lot of sleep, and have lots of time with the baby, I get good pumping yields.

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
i was an ep mama in the beginning with ds, and as i said, i had slept thru my previous regular pumping....

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I got 15 ounces once in one pumping session when I was WOHM for 2 months. I almost didnt notice it and almost overflowed the containers. I would get 24 or so ounces everyday, but my ds would only take 5 ounces of ebm in a bottle so when I quit my job ( YAH!) I had a huge supply of milk in my fridge. I tried to give it do ds in a sippy, but hey, the kid only likes it from the tap!!! I had to throw a lot of it away....I was so sad, but it was over 6 months old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.