Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what a divorce costs? In Florida, 3 kids, all cars financed under his name, we live in his parents investment house and dont own any assets really. (A couple of TV's and the computer.)

I suppose I would have to furnish an apartment as well...(He says he wont leave this house.)

I dont have any cc's...I am wondering how one pays for divorce? I dont want a lawyer - he is going to make this messy so I wont have a choice.

I could totally ge like "Ok, lets divvy this up and go on our merry way!"

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I don't live in FL but I live near there. An uncontested divorce here using a lawyer to prepare all documents and file for you is about $250 plus the court fee. To do it without a lawyer will just cost however much the court filing fee is. Of course if your paper work gets rejected, it could end up costing you more in the long run than just hiring a lawyer to get it right the first time. A contested divorce here will cost about $1500 unless things drag out then it will cost alot more. I tried to go the uncontested route with my divorce but xh decided to sue me for custody because he's an abusive jerk. I still don't know my final costs but I have primary custody and that's all that matters at this point. Good luck!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.