Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is this driving anyone else crazy??!! I have never in my life had a roll of fat on my back and now I cannot wear any bra - regular, underwire, sports bra, nursing bra, etc...without a big bulge right underneath the strap. I have been WAY more active this pregnancy than last time and am not gaining a ton of weight (maybe 12-15 pounds so far) but I am expanding everywhere but my belly! I even have a double chin! Yikes!
:

Is this because I am having a girl? That is what everyone is telling me but I don't see how that can be the only factor here. I have had to buy new maternity clothes because I am outgrowing the ones I wore at the end of my last pregnancy!!!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm not in your DDC but I wanted to let you know that with my first pregnancy I had back fat too. I had never in my life developed that. Now it's starting again (I'm 19 weeks). So is my double chin.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You know, everyone tells me that it is b/c I"m having a girl! We'll see! Honestly though, NOTHING is the same with this pgncy than with my previous one with my DS. Sorry mama, I can sympathize as I'm right there with you...hoping it will melt away....ah well.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
You put on weight and eventually the fat has to go somewhere else besides the obvious places - back being one of them. Pregnant or not.
I HATE back fat, but it is just how it is after a certain amount of pounds have been piled on

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I can understand your frustration. I'm a super-fluffy mama to begin with, which is why I try to stay/get active and eat super healthy when pregnant. (I've been able to stay weight neutral for all of my pregnancies). . For me it's the one time that I start to feel the back fat and double chin melt away.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I too think that if you are one of those women that gains wt all over, then that is why you have back fat. My fat seems to settle around my belly area and face and then when I get further along, my ankles tend to look swollen from fluid.

·
Registered
976 Posts
So far I thought I was only putting on weight in the front and then I showered at a friend's house- different lighting/mirror and
: there it was! It looks like I am padding my ribs from behind, y'know just to make it more comfortable to lie on my sides all the time.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I heard a lactation consultant say that that area is a major maternal fat store in the beginning. She also said it's one of the first things to go down as you nurse your newborn. Here's hoping, eh?

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
I heard a lactation consultant say that that area is a major maternal fat store in the beginning. She also said it's one of the first things to go down as you nurse your newborn. Here's hoping, eh?
I sure am! I always get fat in the weirdest places while pregnant... like all over.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Yeah, here too. But I don't assume it is just fat. Your rib cage has probably expanded as well. Part of it might be the need for a larger band size on your bra.

On non-pregnant women, that is almost always the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.