Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously! WHY! If ever I'm nursing with the other breast exposed his nipple radar kicks in- he knows it's there and he will find it and hold it (and pinch it, twist it, and pull it)!!

Drives me nuts!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Ugh. This is the bane of my existance. Seriously. And it doesn't need to be exposed, that little hand of his will sneak in anywhere and GRAB AHOLD of me like there is no tomorrow.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's funny! My ds does something like that when we're pushing thru the grocery store. When he's tired of riding in the cart, he reaches up and grabs my boobs and tries to pull himself up out of the cart! I don't have much at all up there, but he manages to give 2 good pinches trying to pull up!! OUCH!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
YES, YES, YES!!! My ds can't manage to pick up cheerios to feed himself, but he can find my nipple, half asleep, in the complete darkness, every time it's not covered by the sheet, all night long, and twiddle...twiddle...twiddle...

OMG. It's awful. So annoying. I don't hate many things, but I hate that!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
My ds tries to do this with me, but it's mostly dh that he gets.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've heard that there's a biological motivation for this behaviour; that it helps stimulate a faster letdown when for when the babe switches sides, and that I guess it's just generally more nipple stim for milk production. Boy howdy, is it annoying, though! I have to be really careful to only keep one breast exposed at a time, or those sharp little baby claws strike.

Julia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts