Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stomach burn.

ughgh

I guess this stage of pregnancy is here. I have been having some heartburn lately, mild and manageable but there. Then the last few days it's been in my stomach.
(is that new? How funny!!!). What are some natural remedies? I hate taking tums and hold out as long as I can before doing it but eventually I end up eating them.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
I've gotten it a few times too and OMG it's killer! I just hung out and it eventually went away but it felt like that little pic! With the baby being the devil guy. I though my stomach was burning! Not fun at all!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I get it so bad I don't even play with natural stuff. Zantac 150 keeps it away, and I like that. When I don't take it and I get heartburn NOTHING makes it go away. Tums work for maybe 2-3 minutes, milk the same thing, but then it makes me sick.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Gall bladder attack is worse, but I digress.

a bit of baking soda in water as it is a base that will neutralize stomach acid, perhaps? Last pregnancy, I would have done just about anything for tums, as they did not exsist in my part of the UK.

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
The only thing that works for me is Tums. With my first pregnancy I was so paranoid to take anything. Now I am just happy to take something that helps me meet my responsibilities.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
yeah, mine is so bad I skipped straight to the Pepcid, nothing else will do. (I can't take Tums, because of a corn intolerance).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.