Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had issues with clinical depression and premenstrual dysphoric disorder for most of my life. I went off my SSRIs right before I got pregnant. Throughout my pregnancy and since my baby's been here, I've been feeling great.

Now all of a sudden I'm in a huge funk. I've been crying and accusing my husband of all kids of silly things (unwarranted), and I just have this weird shaky feeling like something is out of whack. I can't sleep... I just lie there in bed thinking of all kinds of unlikely scenarios and believing them. Intellectually I know these things are false, but I can't stop believing them and obsessing over them. I feel removed from reality.

I think it has something to do with hormones. C has been eating more solid food lately and nursing less, maybe it's messing with the breastfeeding hormones? Is this delayed-onset PPD? I wouldn't say I'm depressed, I've been clinically depressed before and this is NOT it. I feel crazy.

I guess I'm rambling but that's kind of how I feel right now.
:

Thanks for any insight...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Do you have health insurance or funds to see a Dr? If so do it right away. Dont live with this any longer than you have to. I dont have any insight as to what else you should do but this seems bigger than a "get more sleep or take some fish oil and you'll be fine". Its not fair to you or your family to go thru this if you can get some help from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Much love.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a backup supply of low-dose Zoloft. I dislike taking the stuff while breastfeeding but it got me through a few days when I really needed it.

Yep, much better now. I was just concerned that it was the bad stuff coming on... but it wasn't.

Thanks for caring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.