Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd loves music. Her favorites are Baby Neptune (Baby Einstein), Ray Kane ("Punahele" Hawaiian folk music), Nick Drake (Pink Moon) and The Shins!
What a mix...oh yeah she loves jazz too, which is what I listened to most while I was pregnant!
What's your babes favorites?

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
My baby gets noticeably calmer when Bela Fleck is on - that's what was playing when she was born, but other bluegrass/jazz type music has the same effect.

My older DD loves Led Zeppelin and The Doors and Rolling Stones

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
For the first 2 years of his life, we didn't leave the house without the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack in the car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Our current favorites are two CD's by Elizabth Mitchell. She's in a band called Ida, but recorded two "kids" cd's on the side. They are great, if you are into more folk music. She's recorded a bunch of delightful songs that are very singable, and she is a very talented musician. I couldn't recommend them more.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Lately he's been loving "Take 6". It's acapela (spell?) gospel music. I generally don't like religious music but this is awesome! Gorgeous voices singing in harmony. Ds will start bouncing and singing (well.....screeching and cooing) along.
For nighttime I play Bach and it seems to really soothe him.
In the car he seems to like any rock from 70's-now. He goes wild to the Doors! He starts growling, cooing, and screeching up a storm anytime a Doors song comes on. lol
He also seems to have an affinity to Evanescense.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My DD loves Dido. I listened to it alot when I was pg.

When she was about 2 weeks old I was taking a shower and DH had DD and she was getting upset then Dido came on the radio and DH said she immediately calmed down as if it was familiar to her.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My son loves music. He does not nurse (long story, don't want to get into it here), never wanted a pacifier, doesn't like to be rocked, etc. He is just very picky about how he will allow himself to be comforted. His favorite "CD" is me!
He loves "Silent Night', "Goodnight My Angel", and "Danny Boy". Singing to him has always been how I get him to sleep. Works like a charm. As far as radio music goes, as long as it's good and loud, he's fine. He likes Ocean Machine...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
My daughter seems to recognize and enjoy alot of Tori Amos' music. My husband said he noticed it calmed her right from the start. I went to several Tori concerts while I was pregnant and I listened to her cds all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
sbmoma and ejsmommy i just wanted to say that i love both Ida and Nick Drake. your babe's are gonna have musical knowlege to envy.

ds loves Raffi (tolerable) and giggled like mad when i danced around to Hot Rock by Sleater Kinney, but i dont know if that was SK or me that he liked so much.

i try to expose him to lots of different sounds, but he really does seem to favor Raffi. he is five and a half months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my son ALSO liked the india arie cd. we did ALOT of dancing to that when he was just wee and needed to move CONSTANTLY. he still needs to move but likes to do it himself now. haven't listened to it for a while now. i'll have to get it back out. thanks for reminding me!

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Both my kids love the CD "Lullabies - Cherished bedtime classics" from Baby Reflections.
I love it too.... it makes me sleepy, though! I also put Mozart and Chopin on for them. Mostly because my father got me so used to listening to it as a child I actually love classical music.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts