Mothering Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,369 Posts
We tried it many in the past 3 wks, reg. purex, reg. tide, reg ALL, purex with a different scent. My dd is allergic to it all and since we use wonderoos we cannot use all free or tide free. I use all free on all our clothes. It cost alot to ship allen's naturally to hawaii. So after 2 hours of driving i found 7th Generation! It left my diapers super clean and smelling yummy. My dd has a rash again but this time it is the thrush. She had it at 2 months and now its come back again..so the rash is yeast. ughh..i am going to post about natural remedies.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
We use Kirkland brand from Costco. I used Sunlight for awhile (which I think is a Canadian only brand) but had horrible stink issues so I went back to Kirkland...plus I like that it is cheap

Steph

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Tide HE (for frontloaders)...am I crazy for loving the scent? Or regular Tide. I also have and love Caldrea Sweet Pea but use it only on my clothes since no one else appreciates it like I do.

Biokleen or bleach for stains.

I have a front loader and haven't yet noticed any difference in what detergent I use. They say to use only the HE detergents (as if there are so many) but I use regular half the time and can't see a difference.

· Registered
559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAHMinHawaii
We tried it many in the past 3 wks, reg. purex, reg. tide, reg ALL, purex with a different scent. My dd is allergic to it all and since we use wonderoos we cannot use all free or tide free. I use all free on all our clothes. It cost alot to ship allen's naturally to hawaii. So after 2 hours of driving i found 7th Generation! It left my diapers super clean and smelling yummy. My dd has a rash again but this time it is the thrush. She had it at 2 months and now its come back again..so the rash is yeast. ughh..i am going to post about natural remedies.
Have you tried adding some GSE to your wash to keep the yeast away?
Deanna

· Registered
10,944 Posts
I've stopped using detergents for my dipes. Now I just use baking soda and tto/with peppermint. It got rid of the skunky pee smell and has prevented it from coming back!

(I've tried: Trader Joes natural, Sensi-clean, Tide HE).
I'm sticking with the baking soda and tto/peppermint. Aah, smells cleeean!
My ds does not poop in his cloth diapers so I don't worry about not using conventioanal detergents.

Hugs,
Liz

· Registered
3,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2guysand1gal4me
Anyone use Melaleuca laundry soap??? I have been wondering how it works for diapers?

I
Melaleuca laundry soap! I'm SO waiting for my MIL to drop off our two pantry packs we ordered! It's the best thing I've ever used - on ALL clothing - I just wish it was easier to get my hands on!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.