Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good book that will help me decide what to feed my baby as she grows. I want something that's going to help me feed her a balanced diet. I don't know how much protein a toddler needs, for example. I've taken a few books out of the library and I haven't been too pleased with any of them. I'm tempted to buy Super Baby Food, but I've just heard too many crappy things about its organization. Any recommendations would be great! I've spent so much time reading reviews on amazon...
:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
"Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron is absolutely my favorite! It has tips as to what ages are good for starting what foods, making baby food in bulk, toddler meal tricks, etc. It seems very well balanced. My DD had 'super baby porridge' for breakfast every day until just a few months ago (she stopped at 21 mo, I guess).

Highly recommended!

Aven

·
Registered
284 Posts
Another rave for SBF. Its jam packed with information that is very useful and I love that it has a vegetarian slant to it. The drawback is that its difficult to follow sometimes, with references to other pages every other paragraph. Regardless, its my hands down favorite.

Another that was recommended to me that I love because of the readability factor is called Child of Mine by Ellyn Satter. I don't think its still published, but I found a used copy for next to nothing from amazon.com or powells.com or alibris.com (can't remember.. try them all).

·
Registered
313 Posts
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the book, Feeding the Whole Family.
It gives recipes to cook for adults and for the youngins.
Check it out, it's great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts