Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taking dc to the doctor? just a fun thread to see what everyone does.

As for us, usually I try to pick out a cute fitted, and when I undress ds I take off his cover too (and have another cute fitted handy in case he has already peed in the first one!). That way the cute diaper is showing.

It's funny, even with aplix diapers, the dr doesn't seem to get the diaper back on right, so I might as well use snapping ones (since those are the cutest now that I got some new ones!
)

What do you use for dr visits?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I try to take DS in something different everytime. and always have another cute one to change him in to after they weigh him. Usally it is a cute fitted/wool combo but sometimes we wear our emb. VB AIO's. I agree our DR can never get them put back on right.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I always put Fb's. I figured that Fb's are the easiest dipe to put on that we have (these are the dipes that DH uses on DD).
Even with that the doc snaps it too loose. She never used cloth on her own babes but I think she likes my colorful fluff.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just get the cutest thing clean for her to wear. Our ped is amazing...he almost always gets the dipe back on right! If it isn't right he keeps at it until it is. :LOL At her last visit he learned how to use side snaps!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
At first, it was just the cutest print I could find.

The docs and the nurses never said a darn thing. So, I switched to something cute and side snapping, so they would have to acknowledge the dipes existance.

She seems to have an eye infection, so I might just have to try some wool this time.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Our ped cd'd his kids and after I took her in with a prefold and her wool cover (knitted by chiromama) that had Good Golly Miss Molly on the bum he actually brought in one of his wool covers that his mom had made and gave it to me--he said his kids are out of dipes now and his mom would want it used

For the GP I usually just use fuzzibunz and in seeing how "easy and normal" they are she's had 2 clients now call me to ask information on cloth!! (both had kids with chronic rash--she told them I have a sensitive skin babe and I never even use cream)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I always pick the cutest aio I can find - one to wear, and one to change into after the weight (she always pees in the first one) I have some very cute daisy doodles - and they are soooo very, very trim, how can the md's and rn's resist them? Her Ped always had comments about her cute diapers, but I don't think they are so uncommon in my crunchy community that they are ever surprised to see them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Happy Heiny's. They have the best prints IMO. Cute story. Payton was put in the hosptal back in April and they couldn't put infant pj's on him because they all had footies and his IV was through his foot. So he wore a baby hospital gown (cutest thing I've ever seen). Anway he could still walk, even with the IV in his foot, so he took off down the hallway (with me trailing behind with the IV stand) and he had this baby hospital gown on with his too cute Happy Heiny sticking out of the back for everyone to see. I wish I would have had a camera. Anyway the dr.s and nurses loved them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Oh I can answer this one. I just took ds to the ped. yesterday. I had him in a bright neon lime colored FCB AIO. The nurse just thought I had him in a swim diaper, and was really surprised and interested when she found out it was a cloth diaper. When it was time to weigh him, I changed him into another FCB AIO (this time it was aqua colored). After he was weighed the nurse started showing all the other nurses and doctors my ds's "cool diaper", and wanted to know where I got them. I ALWAYS bring ds to the doctor's office in cloth dipes, but each time, they are soooo amused. I think it's fun.

oh yea, and the ped. can never snap the diaper back on ds correctly, so I don't think using a snap dipe instead of aplix would make it any easier for them.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Whatever is clean and cute and not too ratty.

What's with all your doctors re-diapering your children ? Mine has never undressed or dressed either of my kids - I always do it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I haven't taken dd to the doctor since she was 6 months (I need to make an appt. now that she is a year old), but I have always taken her in a Fuzzi Bunz. Don't know what I'd take her in now, though- probably a really cute AIO!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Right now we use a gecko-print HH. I usually shoot for something with applix since it is easier to fasten/unfasten (although our pedi has done just fine with snaps before :)
I figure it is the only lizard-print dipe she gets to see all day.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I always put Ian in a really cute fitted (FCB dragon print or an Amy Butler SOS, for example) and then a nice woolie of some kind. Definitely show-off dipes & wool! :LOL But so far no-one has said anything about them.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I always bring pocket diapers....there's the cuteness factor and the ease-of-use factor.

And yes, my doc opens the diaper to check for rashes and to do the hip-click check and then fastens it closed again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts