Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been CD for a few months now and I love it.
: However, I haven't been brave enough to try cloth overnight yet....my daughter (18 months) is a pretty heavy night wetter. We've been using sposies at night but tonight I put her in a Bamboozle with a FB insert with a fleece liner overtop.....wish me luck! I'm wondering what you guys use for your heavy wetters overnight?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
The Very Baby Simply Nights. It's a fitted; you can have it custom-made with all kinds of features. Mine is the diaper itself, in hemp with side snaps, and lined with microfleece. Then it has a snap-in doubler that's actually two doublers joined at one end, also hemp, also covered in microfleece. DS looks like he has a Cadillac attached to his rear end, so it's just about enough absorbency.
He wears it under pull-on wool. I can even fold an infant prefold into the fitted for even more absorbency, if I need to. DD1 wore them, too, when she was still in dipes. My DD2 just wears an ordinary fitted, since she is a lighter nighttime wetter.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just use a fuzzi bunz with 2 microterry inserts. I've never had a leak unless I didn't snap it snuggly enough. (And I've done this with infants and big almost-3-year-old toddlers and everything in-between, so I'm satisfied!)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies. My Bamboozle did a good job containing all the pee, but she was SOAKED when I went to get her and she slept very poorly. She usually goes down around 7 until 7 or 8 but she was up a lot all night and up at 6 this morning. Maybe I'll do some more experimenting. The Bamboozle was just really wet and I'm thinking uncomfortable.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If the fleece liner didn't provide enough protection, you might want to try a pocket diaper with a stay-dry inner. The wetness barrier would go all the way around the diaper, instead of just a strip in the middle.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
So far the only thing that's gotten us through a whole night (not even sposies got us all night!) is a BSRB TIAN (Bagshot Row Bamboo - Tucked In All Night) with a wool cover.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
DD sleeps in a Thirsties cover, prefold, hemp doubler and microterry insert. She is a super-duper heavy wetter and has no leaks, at all. On a recent vacation, we used paper dipes. For three mornings, we all awoke to a leaky mess. I wish I would have just brought along the cloth dipes!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like any kind of fitted with a couple extra inserts and a Bummis Super Brite cover. It makes her legs look about 6 inches long and she can only waddle, but- No. Leaks. Ever.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We're using bamboozles with an extra insert and a Bummis waterproof cover. The bamboozle is always soaked in the morning but she doesn't seem to notice and the cover prevents leaking.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks ladies, looks like I have some more experimenting to do. I chickened out tonight and went with a sposie (I'm really tired) but I'll try again soon.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I use a Drybees (sized) pocket diaper with a Wahmies one-size insert folded with a hemp doubler inside. Keeps my dd dry for like 12h.
She's only 7 mo though so I guess her pees aren't very big yet? lol

I have 1 Fuzzibuns pocket that I've recently used for the first time as a night time diaper, stuffed with the same microfiber and hemp combo and that was fine too.

We use prefolds during the day, but for nighttime I like the stay-dry layer of a pocket diaper so dd isn't wet for that long.

ETA: I have a few Bumgenius, but for some reason they leaked at night - I've only tried them a few times, maybe I should try again and be a bit more careful about how they fit (I mean make sure there are no gaps at the legs etc) with the extra night-time stuffing...

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
We generally do well with a pocket dipe stuffed with a combo mf and hemp insert (sometimes with another extra insert) or a Sugar Peas 2-size fitted (hemp) with a Thirsties cover. Sometimes we need a doubler if ds drank a lot in the evening before bed...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
when Ds was a baby/toddler we used FBs like everyone said and hemp insert wrapped in two microfiber inserts!

Or we would use fleece covers with fitteds.

He only leaked with sposies actually we switched when he was about 6months old and he leaks all the time in sposies and stopped leaking even with just plain old gerber prefolds (I used them while I waited for the good stuff
) well at night when useing gerber he was in sposies those I would not truse but hey made good inserts

Don't be scared Mama!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can I ask for a recommendation on a hemp insert? I'm thinking of trying a FB with two microfiber inserts in it and we'll see how that goes. Like I said, I'm new to this....is hemp more absorbant then microfiber? I'd really LOVE to stop buying disposable diapers. Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The ultimate night time insert solution that I've found is a super-do. These are hemp and microfiber and last my little guy ALL night. We just put one in a pocket diaper (bumGenius, Fuzzi Bunz, Happy Heinys, etc.). If that somehow isn't enough, just wrap a prefold around it. But super-do's are AWESOME! Perfect for overnight!

HTH,
Sultana

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
We could not CD at night. If dd wasnt waking up wet, she was sleeping at an angle so that her little butt was up higher than her head LOL or she would wake up with red marks all over her legs from the diaper and/or cover.

BUT the ones that i found that where good where VBSN (like the pp said) swaddle bees hemp pocket fitted (with 2 hemp inserts) and then we discovered that fb worked amazingly well with a MF and swaddlebees hemp insert at night. All of these will a wool cover over.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.