Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a situation I am hoping someone can help with...

Let me preface this by saying, my DS doesn't eat many solids. However, I let him have bites of my food when I am eating because he gets real mad if I withold, which is understandable. And I am trying to intro things here and there. When he gets bread, pasta, etc... (all organic and natural) he gets real wheezy. Has anyone else encoutered this? I don't feel like it's an allergy but maybe a sensitivity?? I talk to my ped about it and she said it could be but to keep a log of things he doesn't do well with and he may or may not outgrow it. She said it could be egg but he doesn't get those and I know it could be in bread but not the pasta. I am mostly breastfeeding him and he's never had any problem with me eating wheat product however, I don't eat egg or drink milk so I don't know about that. I guess what I am looking for is someone who has been through this and your experience. Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help...I don't want him uncomfortable and I don't want to be giving him things that could harm him...Thanks again

· Registered
390 Posts
I think it's plausible. Keeping a log is a good idea. Also, lots of noodles have egg in them. Since discovering DS's gluten sensitivity I've really had to start reading labels. The good news is that, if he does react to gluten, there are a ton of GF "kids" foods for when he gets older.
Good luck!

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What were the symptoms of a gluten allergy?? i never thought about that. I know about it but it never crossed my mind...dumb me!!! I'd love some info on that! Thanks! I pay attention to gluten free stuff but I just never gave it a thought as that is what this could be! Huh!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.