Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wheat germ oil, which I bought as a vitamin E supplement for pregnancy, and then I couldn't choke it down during pregnancy, it tasted so strong. So I got it out today, figuring now I could use it. And I STILL almost gagged just taking it off the spoon.

It's a really good source of vitamin E and other things, too -- I really don't want it to go to waste, and I want to be taking it. Does anyone know how to hide the taste effectively? Any recipes where it actually tastes good? It can't be heated.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Give me fermented cod liver oil any day over wheat germ oil. Sorry no help, that stuff is pretty bad. I tried to get the stuff down, and do so, but the aftertaste, yuck!
Now we are gluten free, and not sure if that will change, so I should probably throw the half empty bottle away. Not sure if I could use it as a skin oil since Vit E is good for the skin.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, me too! I can take fermented CLO fine now that the pregnancy's over, which is why I thought I'd give the wheat germ oil a try. Then I stood gagging over the sink afterwards. So glad to hear I'm not the only one.

The internet recipes say to drizzle it over salads, etc... I can't imagine choking my way through that salad. Ugh.

I wonder if I could combine it with coconut oil and nut butter and honey, and make a glump ball-ish thing as a snack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.