Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I was ecstatic to be having a baby. yes I bonded with him right away and love him so much...but it hadn't really HIT me that this little guy is mine...he's my son...and he's not going anywhere! I will love him for as long as I live and watch him grow. Sure I imagined him at different ages before now...but its really hitting me. I'm a mama! My life is forever changed.
It hit me as I was really just staring into his beautiful blue eyes and he laughed at me and then just smiled in such peace, trust and adoration of me, and I at him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It hit me when I called his Ped (at the time...now there isn't one!)
and said " I need to make an appt for my SON"... I started to cry right then and there!! I had never said those words out loud!! It made it all real!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
:

It's still shocking to me from time to time... babe is almost 11 months old... part of me feels like I've had him around forever... but sometimes I have to remind myself... "WOW!!! You're a mamma!!!!"

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sometimes it still seems absurd! Mama? Me?!

But then, it also just feels *right*

I'm not sure when it hit me, maybe like pp, when the nurse said "you're his Mom?" the first time I called the advice line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts