Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, it's been a long while since I posted! I posted quite a bit around birth, and then really from birth to 2 years old, attachment parenting has been a lovely blissful ride- breast, sling, family bed, skin and love.
My son, Luca, turned 2 in September. He's in a Montessori school in the mornings and doing well. He just transitioned to his own bed but I am 8 feet away in our bed. I'm posting today because I am at a total loss with how to "deal" with his very energetic and wild energies. In music class, he's the kid running around in circles, shouting, dancing crazy. When we have playdates, he's the kid getting on top of the table and dancing, hugging his friends too intensely... etc etc. It's hard for me to relax in those situations.
He also is becoming more defiant- resisting everything I ask him to do and looking for consequences. He also hits my face. For example, when I "bless" him with a prayer at night he hits my face during the moment I am touching his heart and talking to him about his inner light. I try "peace corner" and taking away things he wants to play with, or saying "no" firmly and even sometimes yelling "NO!" when he hits my face. But I feel like I am really missing some major parenting tool and ashamed that my son is the "wild" one! Any resources, help, advice? Much appreciated, much Love!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Read Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Kurcinka. Kids Parents and Power Struggles is a good book too. Intense high energy toddlers can be a lot more fun if you understand their temperaments.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.