Mothering Forum banner

When can you give almonds?

685 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  cathe
Of course, peanuts are out for a long time. But, what about almonds? My 2 y.o. LOVES them and I just put a cup of cuisinarted almonds in a loaf of bread we're baking. Then, I realized my 10 mos old will be eating it. How are almonds and peanuts related if at all? Is it safe?

Then, how about almond butter? My toddler loves almond butter/jelly sandwiches and Babe doesn't understand why he can't share.

sigh
All the questions..
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I'm going to move this to the good eating forum. The ladies there are wonders when it comes to food questions.
See less See more
The general recommendation is 1 year for nuts and 2 years old for peanuts. If you have no history of allergies in the family, you can be flexible. I gave my girls almonds before they were a year old peanuts before they were two and we didn't have any problems. You'll have to decide what's best for your family. You could call your pediatrician too and ask . . .
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.