Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now in week 12 of pregnancy and my breasts are so tender and painful that I can't even wear bras most of the time or put blankets near them or comfortably shower. This is my 3rd pregnancy, and very unusual for me.

This is also putting a huge damper on DTD and just being with DH. Even giving someone a hug makes them so sore. Since this is so new to me, I was wondering what is the longest it can last. I hope not the whole pregnancy!?

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Mine has ups and downs but mostly, for me, yes it lasts the entire pregnancy. I had to wean dd (then 28 months) when I got pg with ds and I've been suffering/dealing with nursing ds through this pregnancy b/c he was only 14 months when I got pg. It sucks. I have to say though when I get good sleep the pain isn't as bad. Are you still feeling very fatigued? Maybe once the first tri is over for you things will improve a bit.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm 34 wks and I'm still having breast pain. It's mostly only when DS is nursing right now, but it can be significant and I am tender for quite a while after a nursing session. The pain in my right breast is really bad and I've actually begun to limit DS's time on that one. My OB is sending my for an u/s just on the right breast to rule out anything other than normal hormonal pain because it can throb for up to half an hour after DS finishes nursing. I just hope that the pain doesn't continue on after the pregnancy ends and my new babe is nursing 24/7.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones that has an end to the breast pain long before the end of your pregnancy. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my gosh...All day today, I've been walking around the house holding my breasts. Like, literally holding them to stop them from moving. I have very supportive bras. But if I'm doing something like walking fast, lifting or anything else, my breasts will bounce or move ever so slightly in the bra and it just kills me.

14 weeks now...God I just want this to end already
bawling.gif
Pathetic, isn't it!

I wonder if hot compresses or ice packs would help temporarily...They literally feel like someone beat them up. They feel as if there are bruises all over them and I was in a horrible accident. Sounds dramatic, but really, that's the best description. I even told my hubby that if the baby was born right now and they felt like this, I wouldn't even want to breastfeed! Hopefully this doesn't continue much longer....so miserable from it! And Tylenol is a joke for any kind of pain...really frustrated!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.