Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to follow his cues but am not sure how I tell when he is ready for a second meal.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
wondering the exact same thing...

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
btt

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I think if he is eating once a day and is doing fine with that meal you could try adding a second one and see how he takes to it. G eats once or twice a day. We aren't super consistant with meal number two though. We just see how he's feeling and add a second meal when he seems up for it. I have misread his cues before and started to give him a second meal only to have him turn his nose up at the thought of eating.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I think it just depends on the baby. My ds is 9 months, and wants food all the time. I give him bits and pieces here and there, when we eat, and he plays/tastes/eats quite a bit. I wouldn't really say he eats "meals", as I don't sit him in his highchair with the intention of him getting filled up, but breakfast he puts away half a banana and bits of toast or cheerios (and this is after power-nursing 3-5 times during the night) and he sits with us at dinner and mooches off our plates.<br><br>
His nursing hasn't decreased in the slightest; if anything, I think it's increased. This kid is like a bottomless pit.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I just offer a little food everytime I eat and dd (10 months) is around. She doesn't really eat meals yet, just bites and tastes of things, although she's starting to get there.<br><br>
I just offer and follow her cues, and I make sure solids aren't replacing breastmilk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts