Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We started DD with potty learning many months ago. Just sitting her on the toilet to get her comfortable and she was comfortable peeing and pooping when we were just sitting there to get comfy. Then she didn't want to be bothered and I didn't push it. Started actively training her last week and she's doing really well. She lets us know when she wants to sit on the toilet and almost always has to pee. She has pooped too but only when it's around the time I know she's going to go. She needed to poop yesterday and told me but didn't make it to the toilet in time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How did you make the decision to start using undies? I don't think DD is ready for underwear just yet but if things continue being as great as they are with her going then I think maybe soon. I told DH I think we should wait until she's peeing and pooping regularly with a minimal amount of accidents. Any advice from a mama who's been there done that would be appreciated :)</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
<p>We didn't do training pants at all. I couldn't find cloth ones for a reasonable price that fit well & I didn't want to go with pull-ups. I will admit I do a fair bit of laundry some weeks but that's ok. Ds VERY rarely has poop accidents though.</p>

·
Registered
322 Posts
<p>We didn't do training pants, either.  They are too much like diapers, IMO.  Underwear may be messier, but they'll learn faster.</p>

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
<p>No training pants here either, and he did just fine (with the normal accidents of course!) :)</p>

·
Registered
508 Posts
<p>We only ever use training pants overnight or on long car rides when we think DS might fall asleep.  Undies from the first day of PTing otherwise.</p>

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use underwear all day and pull ups at night. He is dry most mornings so I'm thinking of going to undies a night now too. He learned very quickly once he didn't have diapers or pull ups to rely on. He doesn't want to have accidents. IMO training pants are too much like diapers.<br><br>

·
Registered
418 Posts
<p>We used undies from the day we started.  That was sometime in September.  That first month, she refused to even sit on the potty at home, so we continued using diapers at home and just offered her the potty from time to time.  At daycare, since all the other kids sat on the potty, so did she, and was in undies all day.  I had plenty of laundry to do during that time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But a month ago, she just got it and started willingly going on the potty at home.  No one changed anything, she just knew and hasn't had a pee accident since.  But she's very anxious about pooping on the potty and while we always offer her a diaper when she says she has to go, she doesn't always want it, so sometime she poops in her undies.  That's maybe once or twice a week.  Not a big deal to me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We still use diapers for naptime and bedtime, but we've made hour long car rides in undies and she's been dry.  I agree that training pants can feel too much like a diaper.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts