Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I am 3 dpo and last time I thought I was in my tww I went crazy thinking I had every sign in the book. This time I am trying to stay focused. I know that every pregnancy is different and every person is different but What signs did you have and when did you start noticing them ?? How many days past Ovulation??

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had to pee a lot, starting at 7 dpo. Otherwise there were no signs... of course, I have yet to develop anything really resembling morning sickness (or any other time of day), so perhaps I would have also developed that symptom too if I were going to get it. Also, from my chart, it seems that at least one of my babies had implanted about 5 dpo, so that was about 2 days before I noticed anything (hormone build up took awhile, I guess?). I'll also toss in I got a BFP at 10 dpo but I was also carrying triplets at the time, so there's a lot of hCG there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm glad you posted this question. I'm 7DPO and keep "looking/feeling" for signs, but nothing yet. With my first, my cycles were all wacky after getting off BCP and I don't think I actually thought to test until I was like 5 weeks PG. So who knows. Now, I sit and I wait and I hope that my LP is longer than 10 days! Good luck!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well, I'd say I started getting signs around 9DPO, but I have to tell you, I am amazed how similar early pregnancy symptoms are to PMS-related symptoms (at least in my case).<br><br>
On 9DPO, I started getting some mild AF-like cramps, and that NEVER happens to me that early. My LP has always been 13-15 days, and I only ever got AF-like cramps during AF. I also had a very brief hot flash that same day (never had one of them before), and I noticed that I was experiencing emotional angst/crabbiness the same way I do about two days before AF. Also, my nipples were more sore than usual (although I always had that to some extent during my luteal phase), and I had a lot of creamy cervical fluid, which is uncommon for me in my luteal phase.<br><br>
As my pregnancy has progressed over the past two weeks (I'm only 5w2d), occassional cramping (the uterus is stretching), the nipple soreness, and creamy cervical fluid has continued, as well as bloating, gas, constipation, and more frequent urination.<br><br>
The most confusing thing about early pregnancy signs is that they really do mimic PMS signs because the body is under the influence of progesterone (which continues to rise with pregnancy; thus, the perpetuation of symptoms that would be typical of PMS).<br><br>
Good luck to you!

·
Registered
206 Posts
With my DD1, I didn't really have any early symptoms. I had implantation cramping and spotting on 15dpo or so, after my BFP.<br><br>
With this current pregnancy, my first symptom as extreme hunger starting at 8dpo! I don't think that's a "normal" pregnancy symptom, but it was very unusual for me. I tested on 8dpo and get a BFN. I continued to be super hungry and tested again on 10dpo and got a very faint BFP! A few days after that my heartburn kicked in (I only get heartburn when pregnant).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts