Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my period after 7 months with dd and I just finished my period with my 5month old ds.

they were/are exclusively bf'ed.

oh well, it was good while it lasted....sigh....

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
12 months this Sunday, and still no AF!! And in the last month, dd has gone down to nursing only 3-5 times in 24 hours (of course, one of those times is sitll in the middle of the night ...). I'm loving not having my period, although I'm hoping it comes back before we're ready to ttc#2 (maybe this fall?).

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
with dd i went back on depo at 3weeks pp and I dont have af at all while on it. With ds I didnt go back on depo so I got my first pp af the week ds turned 5mo
I hate it
: If I ovulate I have a regular af, if I dont ovulate I have break thru bleeding that can last anywere from 7-13 days
: any my cycles can be anywere from 28-52days long. grrrr

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
11 months after ds1 was born. I am hoping and praying that it'll be that long with ds2. We're at 5 months now with no sign of it coming back yet...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I got my period at month two
: but seem to have skipped month three. Already took 2 pregnancy tests and they're both negative, phew!
Hmmm.... we'll see what happens I guess

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Mine came back when dd was 8 months old, even though she didn't eat solids and has never slept through the night.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My period began again 17 months after 1st DD was born and about the same for 2nd DD. The part I like about not having my period is no PMS or mood swings!! Love those nursing hormones that keep me on a mellow high for so long!

When my period starts, as my best friend always says: "welcome back!" :

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
with dd 28 months, and that was just a light spotting 'warning' period. ds is almost 20 months and my cycles still haven't returned.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
3 mos. with my first, and almost 7 mos. with my littl'un. However, I had spotting at 7 and 15 wks. PP that I thought might be a period, but looking back I am sure it wasn't.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
DD is 10.5 months and still no AF. I keep feeling like she's coming, but she never does. It's been about 5 months since I've had the "AF feeling" with no show. So we'll see!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
We're at 11.5 months with no af. I thought when I nightweaned(at 10months) it would come back, but nope. Tell the truth, I kinda miss it. But I'll be okay with it being gone as long as I'm nursing, which seems like it'll be the case.

Enudely, I got what felt just like period at 2 months but nothing since then, maybe that's what happened to you.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Still no AF for me at 9 months. BUT... I EP and I do pump throughout the night as well. (10-12 times in a 24 hour period, I try to mimic a normal nursing pattern) I don't miss AF. I do a monthly pregnancy test just to be sure I am not pregnant.

·
Registered
398 Posts
AF came back 5mos after DS was born.
I literally called my midwife in tears, I was certain I wasn't nursing him "right" if AF came back. He was still exclusively nursing every 3-4 hrs day&night. Got pg when he was 10mos. Then 7mos after DD was born AF returned again ~ even though DD was exclusively nursing & I was TANDEM nursing DS as well.
:

Thank heavens for vasectomies!

I always feel bad for the mamas considering weaning so they can get pg again and I was begging for the nursing to hold off AF so I wouldn't get pg. Nobody wins!

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
8 months here and no AF yet. Lately I've been feeling like she's just around the corner but so far she's a no-show.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
AF returned at 7 months despite being a non-stop nursin', co-sleepin', baby wearing, no solids, all baby all the time mama.

Pre-baby my cycles were horrible (very irregular and lasting for weeks at a time) but post-baby AF arrived like clockwork and stayed only 6 days. But now it looks like I'm drifting back to my "old" cycles where AF could show up anytime and stay for weeks. Ah well...DH and I are TTC so AF is sort of a friend, right?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts