Mothering Forum banner

When did your AF return?

502 Views 23 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  tatermom
I'm 11 months post partum and still haven't started menstruating again yet. Well, I had one period at 3months, and haven't had one since. Is that strange? Should i have it back by now?
tia
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
I got mine back at 9 months. I don't think it's abnormal at all to not have it back yet. It just means your body is focusing on your baby, not making a new one.
See less See more
ds1 was 4 months and 8 days old and ds2 was 3 months and 4 days old.

Ironically ds1 was weaned for 2 weeks and ds2 was nursing about a million times per day. and I was pumping 4x per day. at least.
14 mo postpartum both times
10 mos PP
6 weeks post-partum, but obviously irregular as I haven't had another one and I'm now 14 weeks post-partum.
I got mine exactly at 6mo... but haven't gotten it again. Is that normal, or should I be worried about a bun in the oven (which would be somewhat of a miracle)
After baby #1 13 years ago, it never did. Then after baby #3 two years ago, it started again. Sigh... 14 years without AF was wonderful, and I was still ovulating and able to get preggo!
After DD#1 it took 28 months for AF to return. I know thats rather long, but my daughter was voracious for her "chi-chi". It wasn't until I was pregnant with DD#2, that she started to eat more food. I had my hormones checked to see if I was peri-menopausal, but apparently not.
7 months pp and no AF. I would honestly be suprised to start this soon. I think 13-14 months is the average.
i'm 9.5 months PP and no AF yet, at about 6 months PP i bled for like half a day and never had anything else, i do think i am ovulating, i have cramps every 41 days ( my old AF was exactly 42 days, no more, no less) and DH says i get PMS, so i killed him (
just kidding)
See less See more
Two years and several months with a frequently breastfeeding toddler.
2.5 years with DD1, so I'm not expecting to have to worry about it with DD2 for a long time.
:
See less See more
Ds- 14 months

Dd- still waiting
13 months with a 95% breastfed munchkin.
DS #1 12 months (I returned to work)
DS #2 14months tomorow and I'm still waiting
9 mths pp with #1, but we started solids at the recommended 5 mths. Still nothing with #2 at 6 1/2 mths pp. We are still EBF right now, though.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.