Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 11 months post partum and still haven't started menstruating again yet. Well, I had one period at 3months, and haven't had one since. Is that strange? Should i have it back by now?
tia

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I got mine back at 9 months. I don't think it's abnormal at all to not have it back yet. It just means your body is focusing on your baby, not making a new one.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
ds1 was 4 months and 8 days old and ds2 was 3 months and 4 days old.

Ironically ds1 was weaned for 2 weeks and ds2 was nursing about a million times per day. and I was pumping 4x per day. at least.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got mine exactly at 6mo... but haven't gotten it again. Is that normal, or should I be worried about a bun in the oven (which would be somewhat of a miracle)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
After baby #1 13 years ago, it never did. Then after baby #3 two years ago, it started again. Sigh... 14 years without AF was wonderful, and I was still ovulating and able to get preggo!

·
Registered
89 Posts
After DD#1 it took 28 months for AF to return. I know thats rather long, but my daughter was voracious for her "chi-chi". It wasn't until I was pregnant with DD#2, that she started to eat more food. I had my hormones checked to see if I was peri-menopausal, but apparently not.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
i'm 9.5 months PP and no AF yet, at about 6 months PP i bled for like half a day and never had anything else, i do think i am ovulating, i have cramps every 41 days ( my old AF was exactly 42 days, no more, no less) and DH says i get PMS, so i killed him (
just kidding)

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Two years and several months with a frequently breastfeeding toddler.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.