Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5,311 Posts
My first was 16 months.

The beautiful thing was that he started sleeping until 7am every day when he dropped that nap! I'm hoping for the same thing with baby #2 (who is 13 months old and still strongly needing 2 naps).

· Registered
665 Posts
I don't mean to hijack, but could any of you describe how that transition worked? What happened during the transition period? Thanks!!!

ETA: We're not at that stage yet. DS at 10.5 months has two reliable naps a day, but his morning nap seems to be getting a bit later. I'm just wondering if this might be the very beginning of a transition period. Not that I expect it to happen soon...

· Registered
2 Posts
My DD is 9.5 months old and seems to already be dropping her second nap of the day. What has happened with her is that when I put her down she just wouldn't sleep at all, no matter how long I nursed her or how tired she was!

We've gotten into a new routine where she takes a long nap in the morning (1.5-3 hours) and then she likes to take a catnap on the breast mid-afternoon. The short nap in the afternoon is usually about 30 minutes.

I was really shocked that she wanted to drop the second nap so young, but she sleeps really well at night, 12 hours only waking once or twice, so I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised.

I'd love to hear how the transition from 2 to 1 naps is going for others!

-Shaunna

· Registered
5,260 Posts
Between 13 and 14 months.

During transition we just started gradually moving his morning nap back a little each day. His provider during the week tried to keep him busy with activities in the morning to help him stay up longer. There were a few times he fell asleep eating lunch at 11 am and wanted to take a early evening nap but overall it was pretty easy.

· Registered
9,274 Posts
Dd was around 9 months. I think ds was 8 months, maybe 7.

ETA: I don't really remember HOW the transition went. I'm pretty sure they just started pushing their nap back until they just had one nap around noon and were good for the rest of the day.

· Registered
2,363 Posts
my dd is 14 months and still takes 2 naps every couple of days.

It depends on what time she gets up. If it is a late morning, she takes 1 nap (1.5-2 hours) at 11ish. If it is an early morning (6:30-7) she takes a 1 hour nap at 10ish and then another one at 2ish.

I have never put a schedule in place, so when she seems tired, I lay down and nurse her. She tells me when she wants to nap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.