• hand knee & belly crawling

Votes: 1 4.2%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am floored!<br>
DD is crawling at 4 1/2 months, and I am totally unprepared. Our MW said she was 2-3 weeks late after she was born because of her appearance so that would really make her closer to 5, 5 1/2 months which is when DS started.<br>
I have heard that from her Ped that crawling is not a milestone they measure because babies crawl in so many different ways and some that crawl "later" crawl for 1 week and then switch immeadiately to walking.<br>
I think the hand and knee crawl, belly crawl and however they get themselves around should count as crawling.<br>
What do you think?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
My friend's dd started and crawling and walking the same week...she was 11.5 months old......

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My neice did the same thing. Hung out watching the other kids and when she wanted to she up and started walking the crawling came a day or 2 later. I think she was almost a year.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My dd also crawled at 4 months! She'd pull her knees up under her body, clutch the floor w/ her hands and drag herself. She didn't go far or fast, but it was definitely deliberate forward movement. At 5 mo. she'd rock on hands and knees and lurch/hop forward. By 7 mo. she was zooming all over the house. Her early determination was a sign of things to come. She's 6 now, and is the type of person who will *find* a way to do what she wants no matter what!

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Luke started regular hand and knee crawling at 5 months, and Jasper started at 6 months. It was very interesting because Luke was working up to crawling since he was about 3 months old. He was always on his belly, and getting up on his hands and knees and rocking, and pulling himself forward, lurching, etc. . . he was sooo frustrated about not being able to crawl. Jasper, on the other hand, didn't practice at all. He hardly even rolled over one day, and the next he was all out crawling. I guess he must've learned what to do just from watching his brother!<br><br>
I love this crawling stage, and I hope it lasts a long time!<br><br>
Lex

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dd started moving at about 6 months, but she never exactly crawled. Her style is walking on all fours- feet and hands. It's really cute, with her little bottom in the air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts