Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought this day would ever come, and now that it's here, I'm sad! DD has ALWAYS nursed to sleep. I have never encouraged otherwise. It has always been our evening ritual to lay down and nurse until she was asleep, then I'd roll away.

And then she cut her first top tooth the other day, and everything changed..

Lately she is nursing until she's done and then rolls over and puts her head down. She's not asleep, so I just lay with her and rub her bottom and she usually falls asleep. The odd time she fusses so I try to nurse her to sleep, as per usual, and she refuses, so I continue rub her bottom and she falls asleep.

I don't know if it's because her teeth bother her too much to nurse, but she's not always fussy like she's in pain. It's so weird. Of course I'm not getting comfortable because as soon as I do that she changes it again, but I was just wondering if anyone else with an 8 month has gone through this stage.

I've been doing hyland's and rescue remedy almost every night because of her teething, but unlike the bottom teeth (which were HORRIBLE) she just seems so bumbed calm.

I don't really know what to think of it. She still nurses 3-4 times a night, and almost always falls asleep during those nursings, but the first one of the night is just to fill up and then she falls asleep on her own.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
ds went through a period where i had to rock him to sleep, but now he nurses or rocks to sleep, sometimes at night he will roll away from me and fall asleep by himself. he started doing that at around 10mth old.

·
Registered
581 Posts
um, 2 months old? I WISH he'd still nurse to sleep, but nope. I have no clue why. Thankfully he still nurses back to sleep in the middle of the night. But for naps and to get to sleep at night, I just have to wear him in the wrap and walk around patting his bottom, or rock him. Even if I nurse him when he's exhausted he rarely falls asleep. Sometimes, maybe once a day at the most, he falls asleep nursing. I love that, having him sleep so peacefully in my arms, all content from my milk. Alas, my milk is not the wonder "drug" that it used to be. I sometimes wonder what I'd do without my wrap--life would be a lot more stressful!

·
Registered
891 Posts
My ds still nurses to sleep, but sometimes when he's done and just sucking he bites me (ouch!). So, I've had to get creative and now sing him to sleep. When he gets really tired he nurses and doesn't bite, but if he's not in the mood then I'll have to pay for it. Strange, though, he seems to not be nursing at night as much. He still sort of wakes and when I lean over to give him the boob, he just sort of makes a half-effort and falls back to sleep. Feels weird...I think I keep offering it to him because I miss it.

Wendi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.