Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little scared. The past few days, my 7 month old daughter has stopped napping well in the sling. She seems uncomfortable in it, and I can't move as much as I used to when she was sleeping. She does not nap well on the bed, so the sling has always been our sure thing.<br><br>
It's a ring sling. Are there any tips you can give me? She doesn't nap well in the Ergo on my back, either.<br><br>
L.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have you tried wearing her in a different position, so she'll be more comfortable?<br><br>
My 9 month old will not nap in our slings, but he will our ABCs. He still loves slings, just won't sleep in them. I think he stopped around 6 months, but I don't remember exactly.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do you have a wrap sling? I find Zander (7months old) naps well in our Moby Wrap if he's tummy to tummy and I pull the fabric up and tuck his feet into it. He has always liked that position and it keeps his feet up high enough that they are not in the way when I sit down. That said he is starting to nap well in our bed. He seems to like sleeping on his tummy. Probably because he still feels like he is in the sling. HTH!<br>
Sebrina

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 17 month old still naps in our various carriers (moby, ABC, and yes, ring sling). In the ring sling he has consistently fallen asleep in the hip carry since he was about your dd's age--in fact the way I always get him to fall asleep for his daily nap is to put him in the hip carry and then dance around a darkened room to some soothing music. When he's good and asleep I then transfer him to the bed.<br><br>
Otherwise, as Sebrina suggested, the moby might work really well.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
My 2 year old rarely naps during the day but if we're out and she is in the ring sling or the wrap, usually in the hip carry. She has also fallen asleep on my back in my ABC.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Liam stoped napping in the sling at about 15 months old. He did fall asleep in the UBW on friday because he was sick, then woke up and puked all over it. LOL Now that was hard to get off of me and him without getting it all over.<br><br>
I would reccomend a wrap style, the UBW is stretchy and so comfy!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My son is 9 months old and will still occasionally nap in the hip carry in the maya but definitely not the way he used to. He got a lot more picky around 7 months. i miss the days when he would sleep in it, let me tell you!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to weigh in...<br><br>
the UBW gets a bad rap (ok bad pun) on MDC but I LOVE mine. Based on all hte recommendations I also bought a moby and just find it too thick, wide, hot, etc. I've only used it a couple of times.<br><br>
I guess it's what you get used to. I got an UBW first, and it's been my primary sling for 2 babies now.<br><br>
I do use mei tais, OSBH padded ring slings, unpadded ring slings, Ergo, other wraps, etc. --I've owned 50+ slings and sold/traded many of them but the UBW is the one I end up using the most, overall, every day, especially for that newborn period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts