Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS #2 was born on Wednesday morning. He is nursing really well, much better than his big brother did at first, which makes me so happy. Just curious to hear how long it might take to get my milk in because I don't remember when it did last time.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My milk came in on day 5. I had a very easy homebirth, he nursed great, lots of skin to skin and unrestricted nursing sessions. I guess it just takes a while for me. We never supplemented and he only lost 6 oz.

eta: that was my second child. With my first child it came in on Day 4.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Day 2 with my second and 5 days with my first. I had problems latching my first and my second nursed like a champ. I'm assuming that's why.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
With DD1 it took 6 days. With Dd2 it took two but I nursed through the pregnancy

·
Registered
121 Posts
My milk came in on the fourth day with my daughter (who is my second child). It wasn't nearly as painful as with my son. I guess because I slightly knew what I was doing? LOL!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have my own answer now. It started coming in during the night, and is officially here today. So about 3 days. I am more voluptuous than I've been in a long while! Baby is very happy, and hopefully this will help clear up his bit of jaundice. Thanks for the responses!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.