Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice during dinner tonight my very bright 7 month old turned my head with her hands to make me face her and planted her open mouth on mine. I swear she was giving me kisses. What do you think? Is she too young to know how to do that?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Nope. I can't remember when my dd started giving kisses, but it was at that age or earlier. Big, sloppy, wet, open-mouthed kisses! I love 'em! She's quite stingy with them these days, so enjoy them while you can

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Nope not too young, imo, ds was 3 months when he started. I would kiss, him and say 'kisses' then he would go after my cheek, when I'd say kisses again...we would do this over and over. He's been getting less messy and wet with them, so I don't have to 'wipe up' my face as much

Its such a special time when this starts.

Dawn

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
When I kiss my 4 MO she will open wide and try to suck my nose.
Hey - who knows? I call it a kiss! And I can pretend it is if I want to!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
no. she's a girl, which statistically means she will do things on the "early side," and my boy did this from about 8-9 month range. so it doesn't seem too young from my personal experience. i remember thinking this when my first "smiled" at me at only 2 months and kept doing it. he seemed so yound and small and unable to control anything, but the consistency and all the "tests" i did to see if he was really smiling played it out.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I know my oldest was "kissing" by 5 months because I have a picture of her at Christmastime planting a big slobbery one on me. Ian is 6 mos and for the last week or two he's been grabbing my face and pulling me toward his mouth...I think he's kissing, but sometimes he does seem to be more interested in trying to teethe on my nose!

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
at 7 months DS started open mouth attacking me giggling.

course -- he ends up chewing on my chin most of the time.

A

·
Registered
39 Posts
DH and I have been disagreeing on this for the last week...our 6.5m daughter has been planting her open mouth on our cheek & neck, and she especially likes to suck on my chin. DH says she's trying to give kisses, but I thought she was just showing she's hungry.

But now I think he's right...It's a new thing (about a week now). She often does it right after she has finished nursing or when we give her a kiss.

Laura

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I *thought* she was kissing me for a long time, until I got the REAL ones, which just started this month. Before she'd basically open her mouth and drool on my face
Now she puckers up perfectly, leans forward and plants it right on the mouth. So cute! She'll also kiss images in books/stuffed animals when I do it and then tell her too. I love it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Isa began giving herself kisses (in the mirror) when she was about 6 months and finally started sharing her kisses with papa and I at 7 months. Wide open mouth and sloppy sloppy!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bri276
I *thought* she was kissing me for a long time, until I got the REAL ones, which just started this month. Before she'd basically open her mouth and drool on my face
Now she puckers up perfectly, leans forward and plants it right on the mouth. So cute! She'll also kiss images in books/stuffed animals when I do it and then tell her too. I love it.
: Every word

·
Registered
181 Posts
Josh started giving himself open mouth kisses in the mirror when he was about 5 mo. He gives his sister kisses all the time, sometimes we can coax one out of him..it's the absolute sweetest thing ever!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts