Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I am not pregnant and I am 14 dpo. My longest luteal phase for years was 13 days. I am taking Pro-gest, 2 times 1/4 tsp per day. This amount took away the annoying cramping I have often had for 10 days before AF. However, now I don't really know when to stop the cream.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts? I was thinking I would stop when I start spotting or whatever, but now it seems that I am going to have the longest luteal phase, ever... I suppose this is so little progesterone that AF has to be able to come whenever it wants... or not?</p>

·
Registered
34 Posts
<p>My AF always comes even if I am still taking the progesterone.  I would keep taking it for a few more days and test again if AF doesn't show.</p>

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
<p>My af also comes despite taking progesterone, usually a day late.</p>
<p>However, when ttc, i do not suddenly stop the progesterone, but gradually reduce it. Otherwise a sudden cessation might trigger a miscarriage....</p>

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Thank you so much.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It feels like AF is coming any moment but whenever I put on the cream the cramps stop. Not much chance of a pregnancy, though: I have been infertile for years so I do tend to trust the negative tests.</p>

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Success: AF started a day late but I was able to live normally until then. I am so happy to not have to deal with cramping for days and days... Of course it would be best to know what causes the cramping (and infertility) but this is the second best option and I am happy to have found it.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts