Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
DD was trying to grab toys around two months. She was actually grabbing them around three months. And now, at 4.5 months, she's starting to grab anything within reach.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I think it varies too, ds2 is 4 mos next week and he hasn't tried to grab at anything. I can place something in his hand, but he's oblivious to the fact that it's there. But he does like to look at his hands and his feet.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
My girls all started around 4-5 months, but got really good at it only recently (6-7 months) now they are reaching for your stuff, their sisters' stuff, anything they can get their little hands on!

·
Registered
542 Posts
My baby is 3.5 months, and just started reaching for things. His coordination still needs work though - usually he only hits things rather than grabbing (unless I help him), and sometimes doesn't even get his arm in the right place. It's cute to watch him trying though.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My DS started at 3 months, I think. He's a week shy of 4 months now and he grabs fairly well, although sometimes he forgets to open up his hand. He reaches out for everything. Just this past week he's started reaching for my plate if he's on my lap while I"m eating, and DH held him while he was typing on the computer and he reached for the keyboard.

I think it varies so much, like most of these developmental things.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Harvest is 4.5 months and he started reaching for things about a month ago but successfully grabbing them only about 2 weeks ago. As you can see it happens differently for each babe. They are all so wonderfully unique!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
My baby is 3.5 months, and just started reaching for things. His coordination still needs work though - usually he only hits things rather than grabbing (unless I help him), and sometimes doesn't even get his arm in the right place. It's cute to watch him trying though.

Hm, my baby only hits me, my DH and her play arch. Nothing else including rattles etc....very cute, I agree

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 in August View Post
My ds is 3.5 mo and he just bats at things. If I put a toy in his hand, he barely notices.
same here...she'll let it go immediately.

I suppose it's going to take a while, her latest developmental milestone is singing like a cat

I just want it to happen faster because it's getting difficult to keep her entertained.

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
Olivia started around 3.5 mos with a weak grasp now she's almost 5 mos she wont let go of things. to day she was in the moby forward faceing and she was holding onto the handle as we shopped
( yes it was covered! )

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Mine is just starting. He is almost 4 months.
I don't remember when my other boys did that
, But I know my first was much sooner than my second.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts