Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dd is 2.5 months old and everything still looks pretty silly on her. it seems like she has a huge belly and huge thighs and then little to no diaper area. i feel like i'm diapering her body! :LOL

anyways, she's 13 pounds now and the infant prefolds barely fit on her. regulars and premiums are way too big. she still fits well in small HH but not really into any other small covers. i'm starting to put stuff my skinny toddler wears on her and they fit on the same snap setting!

when does everything start looking normal? what have you found that works best for these in between months?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
When do things start fitting well? uhhh. Never? lolol Sorry. I know a lot of mamas here have found a lot of things they feel fit well on their babies, but even the things I've found that fit really well, after a few weeks, don't anymore. I think I'm just awfully picky. And I've tried sooo many things. It's a miracle I stick with cloth diapering at all.
Right now my favorite thing is Happy Heiny's, though.
If there was a way a HH could be stretchier in the waist (yeah, then it probably would be easy for a kid to take off) and was self-stuffing/unstuffing, it would be a perfect CD for us. lol
Have you considered finding a wahm who could make some custom prefolds for you? That's what I wish I had right now, as I do half HH, half prefolds. I would like a wider, shorter, slightly stretchy and snappiable prefold. Like a stretch terry outter, sherpa inner/soaker. I think it would be neet to have a partial contour/prefold, actaully. Something that was wider on one end than the other, so the wings could wrap around easier to snappi, but it would be narrower in the stride, yet still able to fold in on the sides.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know what you mean. i too am pretty picky. so far our favorites on both kids are the HH solids but i keep looking around at more since i don't love the back elastic and the PUL tends to get squeaky over time. but seeing as how my toddler can fit in a medium and my dd probably soon will be, they may be a "good enough" solution considering they will almost act as a one size diaper.

and, like you as i've gathered from your other posts, really like my diapers clean and smelling good so i've started making up my own hemp flats of sorts. quick drying time, less smell problems...easy on and off...

·
Registered
946 Posts
Oh my son was just like that! He gained one pound per week and went from chicken leg newborn to stay-puff! Wesley fit a toddler diaper pretty well for a bit then after the first growth spurt he was able to wear mediums again. So it might be awkward for a little bit but she should even out soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.