Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*sigh* This is really emotional for me. In fact, I haven't even been able to tell DH.

DS is 22m and he hasn't nursed in two weeks. Has he weaned?

I can't believe how fast it happened. I was still pumping at work at 18m. He still nursed twice at night at 18m. But pregnancy just crushed my milk supply and after a brief week-long super emotional nursing all the time love fest he started nursing much less. He dropped all night time sessions right around 20m and then dropped any daytime and nursed just at night time but not to sleep for about a month. I am 23w pregnant. The last couple of times I could tell he really didn't want to. He really just wanted to snuggle into position with me, 40 stuffed animals, and his pacifier. I've asked him for two weeks solid and he refuses very clearly.

(He's had the ability to sleep without nursing since about 4m. DH is a SAHD. He just never could do it with me.)

I am so sad that my pregnancy terminated our nursing relationship early. I think he would be avidly nursing still otherwise.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.