Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 dd's a 2 year old and 9 month old, and am really enjoying every moment, but am also tired, and having a hard time with my 2 years tantrums and her being unreasonable (which i know is normal, just tiring
). Im just wondering when does the tantrums and all that goes with it, end??

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
End? They end?

No, seriously... my kids are 6 and almost 3, and they still have a good 'freak' here and there. But with two year olds in particular, they freak a lot more if they suspect they are not the centre of attention. And when you are dog-tired, it's hard to be all preschool teacher attentive all the time.

Can you get more sleep? I know that sounds like a stupid question when you have a baby, but can you evaluate your sleep routine/habits and find a way to sneak in another hour or two per night? And can you maybe find a super preschool program for your oldest daughter even a couple mornings a week where she'll get a ton of stimulation and be a little more willing to chill when she comes home?

It is so hard in the early years. You need to have a little down time. Nurture youself as much as you nurture your little ones.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
By the time they are in college, I can almost guarantee you that it will be easier!
Mine are 10, 5 and 3 now. The three year old is much better since turning three, but is still quite challenging. The two older girls are really pretty good most of the time.

Someone very good with kids once told me that kids behavior goes in six month cycles. So if they are being challenging, just hold on for another few months. If they are perfect angels, don't get too excited either!

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Of course being a parent means challenges, but I do find that it does get easier in some respects. I mean, now that my Dd is 5, she plays alone more, she thinks about her own safety sometimes and likes to help out. There are new challenges, but I feel much less worn out. I will be honest, though, three was harder for me than two. It may not be like that for you, but it might. Still, it does get easier.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
LOL, my 2 1/2 year old seems to FINALLY have mellowed out a bit....just in time for my 3 3/4 year old to get a very willful attitude, just in time for the new baby
: .
It certainly gets easier, but there's always some new "issue" to deal with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts