Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, because NB's go through so many diapers. When do they stop peeing and pooping so much? I can't remember.

I'm wondering because I remember that my DD was a heavy wetter, but at what age did I start to notice this, i do not know. I'm due in a WEEK
and would like to be semi-prepared for the waterfall of liquids. Do I really need hemp NB diapers?

Another thing, do prefolds really hold in the BF poop?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Ds is 4 weeks old and still pooping like crazy (even as I type!)..... so I'm not sure when it stops either.

I don't think hemp is needed in newborn (for absorbency) but may be good to have one or two in smalls for night....

I love my prefolds. I snappi them and so far no blow outs... not sure when those usually start either.

sorry ---- nak

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I knew right away Stella was a heavy wetter. When my Kissaluvs proved worthless in the first 2 days I had an inkling, lol. I wish I had gone with all hemp newborn (instead of no hemp, dur) and skipped the cute little soft bitty buns and what not. She was soaking every diaper within 20 minutes of me putting it on her.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow.. soaking a diaper in 20 min at a day old. You must have super milk!

I bought two little lambs hemp dipes off of ebay, that's why I ask. So it's good to know that they will probably be helpful for night time.

I remember though (a long long long long long time ago..) when my DD was 9 months old, and she was really going through her diapers so quickly... I was here every day trying to figure out a system that would hold the "dam" back a bit.... then I got pregnant, my milk supply dropped, and she hasn't been a supersoaker since..... oh my. In about one week, she will be nursing like mad again, along with the NB, and I really hope that what I have for her will be sufficient...(12 toddler UBPF and some hemp doublers for fuzzi bunz at night time)

I might have to start buying hemp left right and centre. That is the most absorbant fabric, right?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
hemp fleece is the most absorbant of all and it is what all my diapers are made of, I believe, LOL

I just love hemp!!! I can put just about any hemp diaper on him and he will wake up dry. I can even put him in a patchwork pixie fitted(which has very few layers of hemp) and it will be soaked front to back but the hemp just keeps it in, where I can put a thick(lots of layers) cotton diaper on him and he will pee right through it and it will run off instead of spread and hold in. That is just what his diapers do for us, LOL

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I think I noticed around 1 month when Ben's diapers always leaked at night. To make a long story short, we are now using fitteds and going coverless, and it turns out that he is a FREQUENT wetter instead of a HEAVY wetter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts