Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost about 25 lbs since my son was born (he's 14 mos). But now I have extra skin, lots of it. I still have about 15 lbs to lose.
I can't imagine how my breasts are going to look 15 lbs from now. Yikes. They have gone down a full size in the last few months.

So when does your body figure it out and the skin go back to "normal" or at least tighten up a bit?

Louise

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
When you find the answer to that, you let me know. I'm still trying to regain my "normal" body thirteen years after my first was born. Grrr.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
In my experience, I go through periods where I lost a great deal of fat, followed by periods during weight loss plateau where my skin comes back a little. This has been a 2-year process now for me, and I am talking about a lot of weight (going on 90 pounds, shooting for 100 total).

There are some places, though, where I had a LOT of fat before and where I have very little fat now (armpits, inner thighs, lower abdomen, breasts), where I am afraid I'll always have a little hangy, crepe-like skin. Since these parts don't typically appear when I'm dressed, I try not to stress too much about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts