Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The puking, I can't handle the puking anymore!!! It's driving me crazy!! I have so far changed my shirt 9 times today--now I'm sitting here naked because I'm out of shirts--which would be fine if I hadn't done laundry YESTERDAY!!! Every feed she pukes for roughly 2.5 hours--but every once in a while she doesn't puke at all--just to build my hopes up--then the hurling starts again.

She is 5 mos old, we've tried everything (and oh do I mean everything) I'm just sick and tired of smelling like puke all day--one day I'd love her to touch my face without the intent to soak me in puke or gouge out my eyeballs.

Ok, I feel a bit better-rant over.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
http://www.refluxinchildren.com for lots of FAQs and articles about reflux and GERD, and also a reflux forum you can post your question to!

whather it's truly reflux or not, after eating, positioning is vital for a spitter-upper ... i've always had to feed my daughter (she has GERD) at an angle then keep her propped up for about 20 minutes after eating. even now at 8 months, she wants to sit straight up after eating, but she spits up within minutes if she does.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She has severe reflux, currently she's on losec, zantac and carafate when needed (and this from a very anti-drug ped) she's eating pregestimil formula (to the tune of over $50.00 a week) (I was unable to nurse)

The puking starts minutes after she finishes eating and continues off and on for about 2.5 hours--by which time she's hungry again--it's no win

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, we've been to the reflux board and honestly with the increased meds her pain is MUCH better--which is probably why I'm now noticing that I'm always covered in baby vomit. I can honestly say, I don't think she's been on her back for longer than 5 minutes in her life.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
It sounds more like a food allergy to me. I don't know anything about the formula she's eating though. DS stomach sits too high in his abdomen and causes him to projectile vomit. He got it "repositioned" at the chiropractor at about 8 months old and it hasn't happened since. The doctor said he had reflux.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's on a very hypoallergenic diet, all proteins are already broken down. We've tried just about every type of formula on the market now, at least this one she's not screaming in pain with after she eats.
Molly sees a chiro twice a week and has now started seeing an infant accupuncturist-I gotta give my pede credit--I know he hunted for one that would fit my specs

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Does your chiro do applied kinesiology? He probably has training in it. That is how we found out about Alex's food intolerances. He is like a different baby now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts