Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll go first. The only times I DON'T feel queezy are when I'm eating and sleeping. Before, after, and between meals, I feel lousy. Haven't thrown up yet, but sometimes I wish I could! When DH is driving, I feel like I'm on a roller coaster! Blah!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
For me its about all day long. It goes away after I start eating and it decreases at night. But its been so bad I couldn't go to sleep before.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Oh, I hear you. I am so sick day and night. It is better when I am sleeping and feel more rested, but I dread eating. I need to eat but it is traumatic as I just gag on my food. I haven't thrown up either and probably won't...
just wish I could tho...
And I can't believe how much sleep I need. I go to bed at 9 pm and stay there till 8 am and still take a two hour nap in the afternoon.
I don't know how you mamas with toddlers are making it...
:

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
When and immediately after eating, IF it was the "right" food.

Sleeping, although when I wake up to go pee it's usually bad again.

Um... yea. Maybe random other times, but I'd say 95%+ of waking hours are spent feeling queasy and/or ravenously hungry (usually both). But no puking yet, thank goodness. I don't deal well with vomiting.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I saw this idea posted somewhere else, so I'm not sure if anyone has seen it. Nonetheless, I've been drinking water with lemon in it every morning. My midwife told me it can help with m/s and the "ughh" feeling. I'm not altogether sure, but I do know that before I was definitely not feeling so hot. See if it works for you.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have been doing the water with lemon thing for a few days and I can say that it does help me b/c I skipped it one day and my m/s was so much worse...
try it ladies
fresh ORGANIC lemon in clear cool water!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I hate to say it but I sorta wish I was feeling sick! I'll be 7 weeks on Tuesday and still only very sporadic and brief moments of nausea -- if I wasn't looking for it I wouldn't even notice, probably. It's got me worried... no tender breasts, either (maybe b/c this is #2?).

Anyway, if it wasn't for my bladder I wouldn't even believe I was pregnant. Even with that, it's disconcerting.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
that must be scary to not have symptoms but I have talked to a lot of moms who didn't really have much nausea and still had a healthy pg. And every pg is different. A good friend of mine felt awful her first pg and then great the next one...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ChinaKat, I understand your worry, but if it's your 1st pregnancy, and you are having SOME symptoms, you're probably just one of the lucky ones!

I felt exactly like I do now when pregnant with my 1st two. Exhausted, queasy, with aversions to most foods and soap products. This time it's a little earlier and worse than usual (probably because I'm more tired from caring for DS (2), who still breastfeeds and often doesn't nap WHEN I NEED TO). But I am grateful to have the symptoms because my pregnancy that ended in M/C at 8 weeks produced no queasiness. However, my best friend had excessive nausea during her last pregnancy, and it turned out to be a partial molar pregnancy.

I find that I have a hard time eating anything that I've eaten since my symptoms started (one week ago). So for instance, I went to the farmer's market a week ago Saturday (one day before symptoms started) and got kale, chard, cucumbers, string beans, potatoes, brocolli, and yellow squash. Now I can't seem to bring myself to eat vegetables at all! I asked DH to fix a veggie to go with our dinner, then I couldn't bring myself to eat it. Usually, I'm to one who insists that we eat a MAINLY vegetable meal, so this is odd behavior indeed for me.

Last week I had lots of yogurt and vinegar to cure a yeast infection--- and mostly succeeded
--- but now the thought of yogurt makes me sick.

Sorry, lots of you are probably gagging at this description.

I'm babbling because we haven't told family yet (one week from today at DS's b-day party we'll tell them), and I feel a definate LACK of sympathy from DH.
:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts