Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had 10 BH in one hour this afternoon. Besides really wearing me out, is there any potential harm in having so many? THe midwife had me lay down and drink lots of water and keep my bladder empty. After an hour of rest, I was allowed to get up and so far (one hour later I am back to my normal 4 an hour). I have sets of 4 an hour several times a day. Sometimes I have 5-6 an hour.

Any reason I should be concerned? So far, I just figure I am going to have one very awesome and toned uterus when I go into labor......

I just wonder why the midwives get concerned when I have so many. Can they send me into labor early? I am due the third (ish) week of march......

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I'm not really sure. I've always heard to go to L&D (if you're having a hospital birth) if you have more than 4 in an hour. I guess I took that to mean that they could actually be contractions, rather than BHs.

As long as your midwife is aware of the amount of BHs you're having, I'd say things are okay. It's good that she's keeping an eye on it. Other than that, I'm not really of any help, sorry!

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
As long as the ctx are really just BH, they can't become a concern. They aren't "real" ctx that move the baby down, or cause dilation. That said, I think the only way to know if they are real is to have them measured by an EFM. I know women who have had "real" ctx that they thought were BH because they weren't really all that painful, and others who thought the BH were real ctx because they can be uncomfortable (though nothing like real labor, as first time moms learn :LOL) I had preterm labor w/dd #2 and the ctx were definatly discernable from the BH I had before that. If you're unsure at all, I'd get checked to make sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.