Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds is 28 months, and we have really never had bedtime issues. He goes down for his nap and for bed pretty easily, at a pretty regular time. If I am home he nurses to sleep. Otherwise he falls asleep in the car or dh lays with him and reads until he falls asleep. He has been nightweaned for 4 months now without any problems. He goes to sleep in his own bed in our room, but comes into our bed after he wakes up. He coslept 100% until just before the age of 2.<br><br>
But he won't stay asleep! He's still waking up about 2x a night, more if I'm not in bed with him, and I'm really getting tired of it. We want to TTC next month, but I'm scared about being pregnant and having a new baby with a toddler that is still waking up.<br><br>
When did your nightweaned toddler sleep through the night? Was it right when you nightweaned, or much later?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I have always taken their night wakings with the thought that until it is okay with them to get up a 2 in the morning and wander around the house to get a drink, go pee, whatever, until then I will be getting up with my children in the middle of the night.<br><br>
I hear that sleeping through the night often starts about 2 1/2 or 3, but my boys are almost 4 and almost 2 1/2 and still wake at night.<br><br>
And my oldest pretty much self night weaned a couple months ago and still wakes once or twice most nights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts