Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the back of my EPT box and it says the test is most accurate at one day after missed period. Should I test the day of, after, a few days? I don't want to waste a test because with Marah Jade the first test I took was a false negative.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The EPTs say you can test up to 5 days before your missed period, but in fine print it claims that the accuracy is lower each day before the missed period that you test. I know a friend who had false negatives for the first week after her missed period....and then there are others who test positive at 10 days past O...so after all this rambling, I do not have a 'right' answer for you.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The pp is right. For some, they can test early. In fact I know some whove tested positive as early as 6 and 7dpo. Some are way later. All depends on when implantation takes place and how much hcg is in your body. But, I'd wait until 1 day after a missed period. I know its easier said than done

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.