Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And should I start with that rice cereal? I found some in the organic section at the grocery store..

I am in NO rush to wean her. I just ask because she is totally after my food and drinks! Anytime I eat or drink ANYthing... she is trying to grab it from me. She's fascinated with it!! And then I feel bad that I can't give her any...
:LOL

So, what do you think?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I'm waiting until at least 6 months. (She's 4.5 months now.) She grabs at my food and drink sometimes, but I don't think it really because she wants to eat it. It more that she's into checking things out. She'll grab at anything. Her brother tried to feed her a cracker (gee, toddlers sure are fun!
), and she just looked at him like he was crazy.

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
I would give her a sippy cup of water and a spoon (empty) to play with and try to hold off as long as possible.

Also, I wouldn't start with rice cereal (since it is bland and made specifically to mimic formula) but something that actually tastes good.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nikel1979 -- My babe is a week older than yours..
... and my "plan" was/is to wait until at LEAST 6 months old. I still want to stick with that... I just feel bad that she's always attacking me for my food! :LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredX2
I would give her a sippy cup of water and a spoon (empty) to play with and try to hold off as long as possible.

Also, I wouldn't start with rice cereal (since it is bland and made specifically to mimic formula) but something that actually tastes good.
That is a fabulous idea!!! Thank you, I will give that a try!

And I just didn't know if it MATTERS what food I eventually start with. Is applesauce okay? I didn't know that rice cereal was made to mimic formula.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.