Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a great midwife that my husband trusts (in a previous thread I spilled all of my labor woes-no good/available local midwives, REALLY bad doctors, live in the boondocks). She lives in N. Arizona and is a good friend of one of my good friends here.

She's needing to get a few more births under her belt before she is officially a midwife, so we're basically only paying transportation for her to get here, and room (food) while she's here. My friend's offered to let her stay at her place for that time period.

Problem is, she now needs to know when I want her to come. A week before the EDD? Right on the EDD?

My family cooks babies a long time. All of my sisters that have started naturally have been at least a week after the EDD and those of us that have been induced (my first was an induction-long before the baby was ready to come) have been induced at least a week after the EDD.

But my first baby was obviously not ready, she was still up high, etc. THIS baby feels like she could come anytime now and the EDD (based on exact conception date....but still) is not until August 31. She's dropped and emotionally it feels very different-any attempt at connection w/her brings an overwhelming feeling of "I'm ready whenever you are". First dd was NOT like that!

Is there anything to the theory of full moon labor? The next full moon (which is GORGEOUS tonight, by the way!) is Sep. 7-a week after the EDD.

So what do you think, ladies? Get her in here a week before the EDD? or not invite her until the EDD itself?

Many, many replies, please! Any and all speculation welcome!

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Replying.... Dont know tho! Are you able to check yourself- tell where the baby is- etc I would play it by ear- how you are feeling- paying attention to cervical mucas etc.

Talk to her about it! Is she cool staying 3 weeks- or does she want to keep her time as short as possible?

If she was not near you by the time labor started- could she actually get to you by the time you were ready to deliver from where she lives?

Hope it works out mama!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.