Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is 7 weeks now and I have had no reason to pump up to this point. I still don't NEED to pump, but I would like to have at least a little freezer stash or be able to leave the house for a couple of hours without having to take DS with me.<br><br>
I don't even know how to begin to pump. DS is still nursing about every 1 to 1 1/2 hrs during the day. How do I know when a good time to pump is? My breasts only seem really full at night (he often goes 5-7 hrs without nursing) but I don't really want to get up in the middle of the night to do it!<br><br>
And....how long does the pump stay sterilized? I can't seem to find that information anywhere.<br><br>
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I usually pump first thing in the morning, when my supply is heavier from her not nursing as much over night. I feed her when she wakes up, then pump whatever is left. Some mornings I only get an ounce, but most morning I get close to 3 ounces at that time.<br><br>
I'm not sure what you mean about the pump being sterile?

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I was trying to increase my supply, I got up in the middle of the night, about 3 am.<br><br>
Now, I just pump an extra time in the morning to put that away. I just wake up 1-2 hrs before DS wakes up.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The morning has always been the best for me to pump. I always get so much more. If I have time, I wait until after a nice warm shower...I think that just helps me relax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts