Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to be able to pump to provide enough BM for my baby to be fed by bottle once a day, 3-4 days a week.

I cannot find the time to pump. My infant nurses every 2 hours. when am I supposed to be able to pump and get enough, without taking what she needs to eat?

Occassionally on those days i am out, i'll come home and the babysitter will have just given her the bottle and of course I am engorged so I pump then. But its not always a guarantee I'll get that perfect situation.

For those who pump, when do you do it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i guess the key is to do it the same time everyday and keep trying till my supply builds in response?
I do not pump while I am away. I leave the house 4 days a week to go 2 miles up the road to ride my horse. Although I am only gone 2.5 hrs. the baby needs to eat during that time.
So, I need to have a supply for that time but I do not pump while I am riding, hhehe

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I tried pumping this morning and its going to be next to impossible. Morning is VERY hectic between her getting up, feeding her, DS who's 2 getting up, changing and getting him breakfast, getting myself showered somewhere in there, etc,etc. There' s not time for one more thing. I tried it and was so stressed hearing DS in his room playing, her fussing, I couldn't get a let down.

So, I think afternoon works for me, DS sleeps a couple hours and things are quieter. So far every good session I have had has been afternoon so hopefully it will work for me from now on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts