Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my last birth control pill on Saturday and won't be taking the last 7 "sugar pills". I will be starting my period in a day or so, but when do I begin charting? Do I go ahead with this period? Do I wait til the next period? If I start with this period should I start taking my temp the day after I see blood?

Please help.

HM
:

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
when I went off the pill, I started charting the day after I saw red blood. The first day of red blood is cd 1, so start charting then if possible. if you miss a couple of days right in the beginning, don't worry about it too much.. those first couple of days are usually a little wonky temp wise!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I was totally new to charting about 6 mos. ago and this site has been so helpful:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Pretty much answered all my questions and I even started charting online - it's free. HTH!

(On FF, the first day of your chart is the first day of your period, so I think you'll want to start charting then.)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I just got TCOYF.

I will definately begin with this period then. I will just begin taking my temp tomorrow and only record it as day one once I see red blood.

Thanks for the link MamaE.

We are going to TTC at the end of the year, so I figured I would start charting ASAP.

The BBT thermometer I got reads two decimal places, should I just ignore that and only go by 10ths? I assume I shouldn't round then.

Thanks again.

HM

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I started charting the day I decided not to put in the next nuva ring. That gave me a chance to figure out a good system for taking my temps so that I was confident when my cycle finally started.

FF will automatically make the 1st day of red blood--not spotting--into your first cycle day.

I use both decimal places. It's easier than remembering to round up or down when I stagger zombie-like to my compute, I could round, but it really doesn't matter since you're looking at patterns of high and low temperatures rather than any specific temp.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I didn't realize I could put in both decimal places. Makes it much easier then. Today is cd1 for me...who would have thought I could be so excited to figure this all out!

I will go online tonight to start my chart. Does anyone have any advice between FF and ovusoft software?

HM

·
Registered
667 Posts
I don't care for FF very much. It always gives me wrong dates. I don't know how they charge now, someone said it was per month? I doubt it, but if so - eeks. I like the one time $40 fee Ovusoft charges. Plus Ovusoft has given me accurate dates for O and such everytime expect once. I love it.

I would start charting ASAP as well.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went ahead and purchased the ovusoft. It looked like FF charged monthly like you said, so I figured $40 wasn't bad at all.

I found a new thermometer, the BD Basal Digital Thermometer. I like it so much better than the other one I had because it has a memory and lights up.

Thanks again for all the helpful information. I am so excited about being part of this board.

HM

·
Registered
795 Posts
I chart for free on FF. But it is just the basic chart. It works great for my needs. Maybe you were looking for more? Good luck TTC. I could use a little fairy dust myself!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts