Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Our DS is eligible for MAW too, and I really think it depends on the kid. We have a friend with a five year old who has a serious love of airplanes and space. He just saw the final launch of the space shuttle, and you can tell from the videos, pictures and his parent's descriptions that he truly loved his wish. But he has an interest in something that most kids his age don't have. I think he won't have the same detailed memories as he would have had he been a little older, but his parents knew he was well now and this was an opportunity that they couldn't pass up. OTOH, I think I'll try to hold off until DS is a little older or until a bone marrow match is found. I want his wish to be before a transplant, so if we transplant when he's still under 5, we'll do the wish then.

Personally, if I knew there was a chance of not being able to make the wish in the future, I'd do it now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.