Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, it was today.
I was so embarassed, but I'm so weepy these days, and the whole thing at the urgent care center (detailed in my other thread) just got me so upset. Normally I would have just been mad, but today I just felt like I couldn't make my baby feel better, and no one would help me, and all of a sudden there I was crying like an idiot!

The receptionist there was so sweet -- after I finally got a referral to the on-call doctor and was on my way out, she gently asked if I was okay, and I tried to answer that I was, but her kindness was so touching that my eyes welled up again and I couldn't talk.

I'm not showing yet, so I think I need to wear a sign that says, "Pregnant -- please ignore the inappropriate emotional outbursts."

So has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Yes, definitely. Except, It has almost nothing to do with pregnancy. I cry *all* the time. Frequently in public, when I get mad, sometimes at work. Tears of frustration are something I've just come to accept. I got a lecture from a PSE&G lady a few weeks ago b/c I completely fell apart on the phone after 4.5 hours of being transfered back and forth and no one having a clue as to why I was receiving bills that said "Shut off Notice -- Automatic bill payment, DO NOT PAY". So uh.. turns out that is a "normal" feature of their system (although I'm still listed as having a delinquency which I have to call back and deal with -- We've been on automatic pay for 2 years and their systems glitches are not my fault) She gave me a huge lecture about how great my life must be if wasting 4.5 hours for total incompetence was my worst problem. I know she was trying to be nice or I really would have let her have it. I can be really mean

So as far as pregnancy goes though, I've been weepy at home when I'm tired (and I'm sure a sick child would have set me off too, just don't have any),and I feel easily overwhelmed in public, but if anything, I've been meaner, I almost bit off a poor girl's head at the library yesterday
. I try really really hard to be a nice person! (and sometimes I fail miserably, but I try!)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hmm... I know there was something relatively recently... don't think it was since the PG though. A few months ago I think I did end up crying when we went to a movie and they wouldn't let us take a snack in for my son... who is allergic to EVERY SINGLE THING they sell at the concession stand. We had rice cakes, and the supposed reason for the "no outside food" policy is then people might bring in "stinky food." Sorry, your nachos and popcorn are WAY stinkier than our stuff. Sure, we'd buy your crap food, if it wouldn't be guaranteed to give us two weeks of hell while he recovers from the reaction.

So we went to another theater, which not only has concessions, but a full RESTAURANT (and bar) inside, and charges for tickets for under-3s (full adult price!) and is more expensive besides... but they didn't hassle us about the snacks. I so meant to write to Mann Theaters and tell them that we took the $22 they refunded us and spent an ADDITIONAL $15 on top of it someplace else to see the movie they wouldn't let my son eat during.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i don't think have ever cried in public, especially to people that I'm hanging out with that i barely know...that might be even worse.

But i did. oh man did i blubber away. I was in a foreign developing country, the heat was 110 degrees plus, i was hungry and exhausted from not sleeping 3 nights in a row, caring for a toddler. Yup, i have the excuses, plus being 6 weeks pregnant at the time. but i just
and it was embarassing but i had the right to i guess.

i was then SUPER cranky the rest of the evening and sat there with a scowl on my face and snapping at my 1.5 year old.
it was not a good day. This was in front of a hostess family that didn't speak english in a new country. could i get any more inapporpriate? they understood and were concerned thank goodness.

·
Registered
51,189 Posts
I think the last time was the grocery store parking lot. we'd left church after hanging out there too long (in dh's opinion) even though I was fighting the urge to throw up. And we were on the way to the grocery store to pick up something for lunch (dh wanted to make wings because he wanted to watch football
) and a new boo-boo buddy ice pack for the boys so they didn't fight over the one when the other was being used.
Anyway, dh just got all frustrated with ds#1 (who is very high spirited, and has a high pitched voice and will whine about EVERYTHING) and I just broke down. I saw this woman staring at me from across the parking lot. I'm sure she must have thought the worst about dh. but. Oh well.

I was a little emotional this week and last but things are better now. I try not to blame my hormones/use them as a scapegoat or become a complete meanie... but there are times when they get the best of me

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I'm pregnant I cry in public quite frequently. Tears of sadness, frustration, joy, silliness, you name it. And I HATE it every time I do. I don't normaly cry that much, especially not in public. It's so embarassing!
But those pregnancy hormones do a number on me and I just can't stop the flood!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.