Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wipe out my sink evey day. But I haven't taken any time to scrub it. So, this morning I went to do dishes and thought "I'll scrub the sink first!"

ACK!!!

The bottom of my sink, and part of the sides, had turned BROWN!!!

I can't believe how masty it was!

Never fear!! A little bit of baking soda goes a LONG way!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My last house was like that.....baking soda and a scouring pad took care of it. I like to add vinegar too. Cause it bubbles and in my mind the bubbles mkes me think that it is working better

·
Registered
619 Posts
I scrub mine at least once a week, usually with a natural bathroom/sink cleaner and a blue srubbing pad, the non abrasive kind. I'd like to scrub it everyday. It only takes a couple of minutes. But I guess I just have a lazy tendency

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
everyday! i may not always have a clean kitchen, but my sink is always clean

i clean my disposal about oned a week too, the boys love to watch. i pour a whole box of baking soda down it and drizzle in a little vinegar. its great ful lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scatterbrainedmom View Post

Same here.

I have a shaker with baking soda by the sink. After I wash the pet dishes in the morning - which I do with baking soda, I sprinkle some in the sink and swipe with the sponge. This works to keep my sponge clean and fresh smelling too.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hooo boy, mine probably needs cleaned right now. I'm like the OP with a stainless steel sink that gets wiped out daily (multiple times) but not really scrubbed per se... Now I'm going to have to go do it, thanks a lot OP!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scatterbrainedmom View Post

Me too. I give it a quick scrub every night when I'm cleaning up the kitchen after dinner. Ours is white porcelain, and I can't stand the dirty look of all those metal scratch marks that the pans leave in it.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnw826 View Post
Any suggestions for severe hard water stain and build up on stainless steel sinks? I think that's what it is, at least.

It's like the land of hard water build up.

I have really hard water and use staight vinegar.

I don't really scrub my sink, I handwash my dishes so after I wash dishes I run the sponge over the sink and that seems to keep it clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.